Friday, July 17, 2009

A Difficult Battle...

I am really torn over the FOB battle. One one hand, I clearly enjoyed Martin's version more (hello, look at the lists of rocked vs. blew). But my sense of fairness seems jilted. Had I been around in the 50s I most likely would have loved the Tracy movie. For its time, it is superb. Really I want to pay it its due respect.

In the end though...
this is my blog....
so...I declare the winner...
and the winner is...


Father of the Bride
(1991 Version)



Differences That Mattered
  • Franck.
  • Continuity of the humor throughout the movie, all the way up till the end.
  • The non-differences--meaning the remakes ability to use the whatever recycled bits of the original that it could. That shows it really honored the first one I think.
  • Sorry, but I connected so well with the culture of the second film and could not connect hardly at all with the first. That is not the movie's fault, but it is the truth.

I really am feeling guilty over this ruling. What do you guys think? Am I being close-minded in counting out the original just because of its outdated values? Are the critics right?


Another battle over. More to come. Shall it be Apes or Giant Gorillas? We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment